The response to this within our community was phenomenal, generating a shift in content towards the people, the stories and the inspiration. This community is self-sustaining, with content being generated and shared by hundreds of accounts daily.
Why should the housebuilder care?
We believe word of mouth to be one of the most powerful marketing tools for selling houses; it is something that can’t be faked, and has the ability to influence a housebuyer’s decision. By engaging with homeowners, empowering them to be part of the brand journey by telling their story, and encouraging content creation, we work with the community to develop a more relatable story and create a less intimidating and much more exciting purchaser journey.
The more someone talks about their home, the more friends and family who trust them will be absorbing their journey and becoming familiar with the brand and the positive impact it has had on their life as a whole.
These communities can help to deliver the following –
- Brand awareness – sharing and promoting their journey to their audiences, friends and family.
- Unique and authentic content – from stories to Instagram posts, the content created by homeowners, and shared with permission, adds a personal touch. Sparking the imagination for true stories and personal potential with perspective owners.
- Community – the journey becomes less intimidating, rather than individual buyers alone with their tricky choices, there is a whole community of peers to support them.
- Recommendations – gone are the days of chasing these down, as part of the community we can chat to homeowners, and select depending on requirements, new movers, house type purchases, interior gurus, new parents, etc.
- Trust, transparency, two-way communication between the brand and homeowners means a less intimidating digital space where homeowners can reach out and feel connected and talk to a real person. Instead of getting in touch with the customer care team, there is this feeling of ‘immediacy’ and transparency that Instagram offers.
How to engage your community
Search your brand hashtag to find out where your community are hanging out online for example. Most of the homeowners we engage with use #BloorHomes to tag their social media posts.
You can also find them in pictures they have tagged of you – make sure you are checking the tagged images featured on your own page for recent posts.
Once you have found them it is time to start engaging, like their posts, comment on images they have tagged the brand in, repost their tagged stories and involve them in the content using interactive Instagram stories and sharing their posts to your page. Allow the brand to become part of the community too and it will thrive as one.
If you need any help with igniting your online community, please speak to our Social team.
Jane Cooper – Social Media Manager